Friday, April 24, 2009

Separation and surprises!

So this last Tuesday I had my first moment of separation from Gavin. Ryan's parents were out in Orland (his dad playing tennis w/ Ryan) and his mom was at the house w/ me. We were gonna pick up sandwiches from the Ice Box in town and so I decided to just run there myself and leave Gavin with my mother-in-law. I had a moment of wait can I do this, but realized it would be a quick trip. On the way back from the sandwich shop I decided to stop at the tennis courts to say hi to the guys really quick. Ryan insisted I sit down for a few minutes and relax when I mentioned it was my first time away from Gavin. I literally stopped in my tracks and froze when he said that. What? I can't do that, what am I doing away from him? It was so weird. For a moment life seemed like it was before Gavin was a part of our family. I'd ride my bike or walk to the courts now and again to watch them play and enjoy the summer nights. I decided to sit down and watch for a few minutes to indulge Ryan but it quickly felt lonely. Where was my right-hand-man, my WING MAN! Its amazing how much life changes overnight with the arrival of the little man! I wouldn't have it any other way! Speaking of the dude, he needs my love (still having his gas problems). The blog must wait...

...back to the post. Oh wait he's crying again. I hate seeing him in pain...blog on hold...again.

What happened next you wonder?

Baby fed--check!
Baby burped--check!
Dirty diaper changed--well, it was just wet w/ a hint of poo (hence his gas problems) I'll change it anyway just in case. Then in the process of changing it Little Jet is crying hysterically. I'm trying to talk to him to calm him down and then what happens? You guessed it the "sharp shooter" had a hay day!

Let's see what ran through my mind:
I told you so! (Ryan speaking in my head)
Neener, neener, neener! 
It's about time--how long did you think you could get away without covering his "ahem"? 
And you thought he wouldn't do that to you cuz your his mom! 
That much pee can come out of that little thing? 
Yikes! 
Oh that can't taste good!

It was so sad to see him lying in a puddle of his own pee. Sorry kid! So after cleaning up the aftermath, the tike and I spent the rest of the afternoon like this:

Every time I tried to put him down he'd wake up crying in pain. For the love...I just hate seeing him cry and have tummy pains. I'm just glad he calms down when he lays on my chest. The power of a mother's heartbeat. (that's another post).

Dirty Diaper changed--check...finally!
Ok back to the post at hand...

So I was sitting watching tennis when all of the sudden I could hear geese flying over. I love that about where we live. They often fly over. I whipped out my phone and snapped these photos...beautiful!! 








What a backdrop the sky was! There is something relaxing and amazing about geese and their flying patterns. It was quite a large flock and several "V's" were formed. 

It was nice to relax, but it just wasn't the same without my compadre there. I think he feels the same way--for now!  I'm going to enjoy it!

So, 3 hours later I'm finally finishing this post. And in case you're wondering...music to my ears--he finally "worked it out". We should be happy now for the next couple of hours! Time to find some dinner and get some air!

2 comments:

  1. Charlie was a really gassy baby and I mean REALLY gassy. If you ever need any tip call me! Have you tried Baby Bliss Gripe Water?? It is a heaven sent, when he got older Mylicon worked good too. There is also a really good tummy rub you can do. Good for you for "letting him work it out"! I wished I would have learned to do that sooner, I made my life much harder by not doing that. Good Luck, really I know it can be awful so e-mail me and I will send you my number. I don't think anyone realizes how awful it is until you live it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, OH HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS POST!

    ReplyDelete