Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rock My World: Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

* photo credits: phemomenon.blogspot.com

At our monthly family dinner at my parent's house my mom made the most amazing enchiladas!! Seriously people! They were amazing. They are Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. I asked for the recipe and made them for myself for the first time this week. Her copy of the recipe credits Holly Hanks at Phe.MOM.enon, but the recipe varies just slightly from hers (I'd follow the adjustments she makes in parentheses). I think it all works out in the end though. They are seriously worth your time and very simple. If you wanted you could even purchase a rotisserie chicken to cut time down instead of boiling some chicken breasts. I can't wait for this summer to grill up some breasts using the marinade in this recipe (its easy with only 3 ingredients, quick and delish). So, here is a link to the recipe on Holly's blog with pictures and the details. And as she states, the pictures DON'T do them justice. I only put 1 tsp. of chili powder in them to start and because I was making them for Gavin to eat. In the future I will do 2 tsp. and see where that puts us. YOU WON'T REGRET MAKING THESE ONE BIT, UNLESS YOU DIDN'T MAKE ENOUGH!!

Oh and BTW I prefer these better with flour tortillas.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I will have to try these! J and I loooooove enchiladas.

    ReplyDelete