Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Is there room in my Inn...for Jesus?


The month of December has been very busy for us. The first half was filled with preparations for my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. The second half has been filled with recuperating and sickness. All I want for Christmas.... is a good night's sleep!

We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. I came across a quote that left me enlightened and pondering the level of my devotion. Elder Neal A. Maxwell said,

"Each of us is an innkeeper who decides if there is room for Jesus."

and this poem...

A Prayer for December:

Dearest God,
Please never let me
Crowd my life
Full to the brim.

So like the keeper of Bethlehem's Inn,
I find I have no room for Him.

Instead, let my heart's door
Be ever open,
Ready to welcome
The newborn King.

Let me offer the best I have
To Him,
Who gives me everything.

--author unknown

With all our Love,
The Beck Family


No comments:

Post a Comment