This may be a part of my individual personality, to not commit to something 100% or get obsessed with some hobby. I would however like to feel like I have more things in life that I am good at and can put more of my mark on.
So, I've decided to start a first of a few new series to help with keeping blogging going this time around. It will help me to figure out what one or two things I want to really grab ahold of in life and which things will always just live on my "Wannabe List". My plan right now is to focus on one thing each month. I'll learn more about it, try it out, see if it's worth keeping around, and report.
Here's a list of things currently on my "Wannabe List" (aka bucket list of sorts):
- Cooking--baking has never been a strength and expanding my culinary skills in general. I've always wanted to go to culinary school.
- Painting--watercolors, oils, mixed media.
- Sewing--knitting, embroidery, and jazzing up my sewing skills in general which will require me to get my sewing machine fixed to start).
- Fashion Designer
- Interior Designer/Design Blogger
- Dance--ballet, modern.
- Swim--took lessons as a child and I think did well, but i have this fear and anxiety with my face in the water and taking breaths as a swim. I don't know what the problem is. I'd love to use swimming as a form of exercise.
- Sailing--this is a huge dream for me. One I will actually get to try out in July! It has been on my bucket list and Ryan actually gave me the chance to do it as part of my Christmas gift this past year. The sailing season in Oregon is shorter I presume so we had to wait until July. I'm hoping if I love it to start sailing lessons immediately follow as an early birthday present maybe?
- Surfing--I've gone a few times but need to commit to it or just get rid of my board. I hate having to get up so early in the morning for the best tides or to wear a wetsuit and go in the freezing waters.
- Kayaking--perfect for Oregon life.
- Reading--I've never been a good reader and so I just don't do it for pleasure very often.
- Rock Climbing
- Local Politician
- Soccer player
- Musician--violin, cello, guitar. Vocalist. Sunday night Ryan was playing his guitar and I told him that in a dream world he'd play his acoustic guitar and I'd be the singer and we'd write songs together. I don't know why I put perfection limitations on myself because this one is actually possible. Not professionally but for our own and maybe the enjoyment of our family and friends possible.
- Masters, PhD in something. I've never been able to commit to an area. I used to think it was law and I'd go to law school, then it was just political science (which is what my bachelors degree is in). Lately I've been considering Early Intervention because of my passion for it as a result of Gavin's autism. The next step for this would be GRE and applying by spring of 2014.
I'm sure there's more. I'll add to it as they come. Some, most are really achievable and practical things. I just have to decide and put my mind to it. That's really the biggest hurdle. Are you to same way? Lots of big dreams and no follow through? How have you overcome those hurdles?