Wednesday, November 26, 2008

a deadly fate for scrabble?

So I love playing board games. Growing up it was the only thing you could do on a Sunday evening it seemed. Well, Ryan unfortunately isn't the most excited when I suggest that as the evening's activity. He'd prefer pumping iron together over boardgames anyday. Who wouldn't right? Well, HE'S A GREAT SPORT--most of the time. So I recently bought scrabble and we'd played it a few times over like a 2 week period. I think I won everytime we played. I'm no genius, most my words are four letters and consist of things like SNOW, TOY (add the "S" on the end the next turn around), FUN (what we're having at the time), PLAY...you get the idea. Every now and again I get a big word. Ryan is a perfectionist and doesn't see the point of the game unless he can make amazing words, so that leads to frustration. If we keep score (which I full heartedly believe in) and I get more than 20 points ahead he just gives up. This is what happened during our last game. I was really enjoying myself (ofcourse I was I was ahead by 25 points and I'd made like a 7-letter word that night) and he called it quits abruptly. I was disappointed to say the least. How will I prove to my scrabble mates that this was a legitimate win when he didn't finish the game? Riiiiight. Well, more upsetting was the tiff between us.

The GOOD NEWS of this post was what I woke up to the next morning. I had to take pictures cuz it was a clever and sweet surprise. I am a fan of creative makeup techniques and this one definitely melted my heart. Thank you honey!


P.S. I guess I'll have to let him win next time, if there is a next time (he promises there will be).

1 comment: